Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 31

Thread: prices for great plains drivers?

  1. #21
    Senior Hostboard Member voice of the theater's Avatar
    Join Date
    February 25th, 2009
    Location
    Upstate New York
    Posts
    1,412
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)

    Re: prices for great plains drivers?

    I didn't notice the 604 spec sheet--I'll have to look again...

  2. #22
    HB Forum Owner Todd W. White's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 5th, 2002
    Posts
    1,865
    Follows
    1
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    6 Post(s)

    Re: prices for great plains drivers?

    Here's the thread about the two different styles of spec sheets:

    http://www.hostboard.com/forums/alte...r-opinion.html
    Todd W. White, Owner & Webmaster
    Altec Lansing's (unofficial) Homepage

  3. #23
    Inactive Member bfish's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 1st, 2004
    Posts
    2,891
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: prices for great plains drivers?

    I'd vote again, but I'm still waiting on my first Tootsie Roll.
    "[I]We're going all the way, till the wheels fall off and burn[/I]!"
    Bob Dylan, from [I]Brownsville Girl[/I]

    [I]"Time wounds all heels"[/I]
    John Lennon, referring to the Nixon/Hoover deportation fiasco.

  4. #24
    HB Forum Owner Todd W. White's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 5th, 2002
    Posts
    1,865
    Follows
    1
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    6 Post(s)

    Re: prices for great plains drivers?

    Sorry - fresh out of Tootsie Rolls.

    It only lets you vote once, anyway.

    Just seeing what people think about two different styles of writing.
    Todd W. White, Owner & Webmaster
    Altec Lansing's (unofficial) Homepage

  5. #25
    Inactive Member Greg F.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    December 29th, 2008
    Posts
    3
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: prices for great plains drivers?

    Quote Originally Posted by Tom Brennan View Post
    I called GPA the other day and was quoted a price of $202 each for 902s, I consider that a very good deal.
    What material would the diaphragms be made out of at that price, and does it matter?

  6. #26
    Senior Hostboard Member bowtie427ss's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 24th, 2006
    Location
    Rural NY
    Posts
    3,901
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    26 Post(s)

    Re: prices for great plains drivers?

    What material would the diaphragms be made out of at that price, and does it matter?
    As far as i know, they only offer two types of phragm material, the standard aluminum, and the Pascalite(hardened aluminum). I have both and can not discern an audible difference between them. Don't quote me, but i'd make a small wager that you can choose which phragms you want at no additional cost.

    Note that Tom Brennan's post you are quoting is from Feb 2006, i suspect prices have increased since then.
    Not all vegetables make good leaders.

  7. #27
    HB Forum Owner Todd W. White's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 5th, 2002
    Posts
    1,865
    Follows
    1
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    6 Post(s)

    Re: prices for great plains drivers?

    Some people can hear a slight audible loss of HF with the Pascalite diaphragms, but Jerry Hubbard said they measure the same as the standard aluminum. The Pascalite is more durable than the aluminum, that's for sure...
    Todd W. White, Owner & Webmaster
    Altec Lansing's (unofficial) Homepage

  8. #28
    Inactive Member Horn Savant's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 13th, 2008
    Posts
    111
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: prices for great plains drivers?

    Quote Originally Posted by Todd W. White View Post
    standard aluminum. The Pascalite is more durable than the aluminum, that's for sure...
    Wouldn't standard"Aluminum" actually be a hardened alloy also ?

  9. #29
    Senior Hostboard Member Steve Mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 5th, 2006
    Posts
    732
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    18 Post(s)

    Re: prices for great plains drivers?

    I wish Great Plains would finish the vintage series page.
    He talked about large format Alnico compression drivers
    and I honestly believe that a large format, alnico, tangerine
    phase plug 288 style driver, based on what the old ones that need
    repair fetch, would bring in business.

  10. #30
    Senior Hostboard Member oface1's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 5th, 2008
    Posts
    563
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: prices for great plains drivers?

    I am sure if he brings Alnico 604's, 515' small and large compression drivers that would bring business up too.

    The Alnico stuff seems to have a mystical following amongst the SET crowd I have noticed, me I guess I can not tell the difference either way when it comes to magnet types, I consider myself lucky in that regard.

    Wonder what it would do to the prices of the vintage 604 market if he made a newer Alnico 604's? I guess there were be some critics out there that coudl claim they could hear a difference between new versus vintage Alnico,,,heh.



    -chris

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
This forum has been viewed: 28131802 times.